We currently run two standards for manufacturers:
- The Humane Cosmetics Standard for cosmetics, toiletries and personal care
- The Humane Household Products Standard for domestic and commercial cleaning
Who can apply?
Certification is for a company’s entire range rather than individual products. This makes it clearer and easier for consumers to identify and purchase.
To apply for certification a company must:
- Guarantee that no animal testing is conducted or commissioned for finished products or ingredients in any phase of product development by the company, its laboratories or suppliers
- Obtain assurances from its suppliers and intermediary agents that no animal testing has been conducted on its behalf after a fixed date
- Agree to independent verification of this policy and its application through an audit programme.
We also endorse retailers which only sell Leaping Bunny certified brands and organisations which commit to purchasing only those brands, under these standards:
- The Humane Retailer Standard
- The Humane Purchaser Standard
In most cases, the brand owner applies to use the Leaping Bunny mark although we can also work with manufacturers and raw material suppliers. So please get in touch if you belong to any part of the supply chain and wish to go ‘cruelty free’.
How to apply
The Leaping Bunny standards are run by a network of animal protection organisations around the globe. To make an enquiry or apply for approval please complete the online registration form or contact us directly.